DIY center console

bigscaht

so ive started to make my own center console since i have seats out of a different car i figured the stock console and horseshoe shifter would look out of place and mine is a column shift anyway so..here goes the begining of my custom center console build......wish me luck!!!!

20150119_153524_zps5lbb0n53.jpg20150119_191207_zpsoted2iu9.jpg

I have a friend who is customizing a 72 Monte and he made his won console using foam as a mold and then covered it in fiberglass to make the console. it is molded into the bottom of the dash and runs all the way to thru the back seat. He is putting four bucket seats in the car. Really a neat looking setup but no my cup of tea. Good luck with your endeavors.

lol yeah the foam is just for a mold to get it looking how I want it to look..then once the design is set..i will either cover it in fiberglass or build it outta wood..havenr decided that part yet but no matter which way I do it..i plan on having it covered in what ever fabric i have the seats redone in. i dont want buckets in the back...the console will only go to the end of the front seats.............. this should be fun..jus have to get my floor shifter and make it all come together

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...