regulators have had it

monte0

I need new window regulators before I finish up the doors looks like. I get a good amount of slop in it and I'm getting this bad harmonic vibration. The olds ones are original and have 198k on them so lets just say they have seen better days :P

So I've been looking at new aftermarkets and low mile old ones, which is the best to go with? Or is there a power window conversion that is inexpensive that I could do?

Just a FYI,

I have all 4 window regulators out of a 72 Monte with 97,000 miles on car.  These are out of my 72 that I changed out for power windows.  All 4 work well.  Cant say if there are any differences in assy. from 70, 71 or 72.  Just letting you know in case.

I paid $250.00 for replacement OEM power windows and harness.  The cost didn't bother me, but boy the time it took to do it!  Still glad I did though.  No experience with aftermarket, so cant help you there. 

Doug

Just a FYI,

I have all 4 window regulators out of a 72 Monte with 97,000 miles on car.  These are out of my 72 that I changed out for power windows.  All 4 work well.  Cant say if there are any differences in assy. from 70, 71 or 72.  Just letting you know in case.

I paid $250.00 for replacement OEM power windows and harness.  The cost didn't bother me, but boy the time it took to do it!  Still glad I did though.  No experience with aftermarket, so cant help you there. 

Doug

What did you want for all four?

I honestly have no idea as for the value so am spit balling here.  I would probably take $50.00 + shipping for all 4.  I think considering the weight specifically, it could be spendy to ship across Country the more I think about it.  Frankly, you might find a better value locally considering shipping (which I think has become outrageous).  While larger but much lighter just to put in perspective, I shipped a 72 Monte Front Grill to New Jersey and cost $87.00 + change. :B

Thought I had some pics but cant find, so would need to pull them out of storage for you to see at minimum the condition.  I will be going over tomorrow and sort thru parts, so if you want, I can get some pics then if you have a interest for them. 

I cant seem to load pics on the Site! The add files link is missing.  I would have to send them to you through email until I figure out what's up.  Just reply to my email camerondl@q.com and I can send pics to you if you still have a interest.

Doug

Doug after the more reply options on the lower left is an attach files. Click on the choose file button and it should take you to your computer's file section where you should be able to find a photo. After it is uploaded just click on the attach button.