Headlight Switch

Dons70

My headlight switch connector (at instrument cluster) only has 6 wires coming to it but there are 7 and 8 terminal switches you can buy!  Do I need the 7 or 8 terminal switch for a 1970 Monte Carlo?

Thanks 

Here is a picture of the OEM switch in my 71 but I don't know how many wires are in the connector or if 70 is different that 71.

Bruce

post-76-0-46662700-1427820404_thumb.jpg

Headlight switch is the same along with the plug. there is two terminal that does the same thing one will have the parking lights on when the headlights are on and the other turns the parking lights off when the headlights are on.Here is a link to a newer style wiring kit that follows stock wire colors and lay out http://www.americanautowire.com/shop/complete-wiring-kit-1970-72-monte-carlo

John can you post a picture of your headlight switch? I'm currently at work but I can check the few I have in the garage when I get in. Bruce I think it was law related Item, looking at your picture that switch does not have the option for the parking lights to be off when the headlights are one which would be terminal 8. Terminal 1 in Bruce's picture is the dome light ground (white color wire), terminal 2  is battery feed (red color wire), terminal 3 is dash lights (gray color wire), terminal 4 is the parking lights on with headlights (brown color wire), terminal behind the dash light is head light feed (yellow color wire), terminal behind that one is for parking lights off when head lights are on, terminal next to the headlight feed is rear tail lamps, and the terminal behind that is parking lights power( I believe orange wire).