got my rear end back from the shop!!!!

bigscaht

well i finally got my rear end back home from the shop getting a rebuild. Installed 33 spline tru trac carrier with 3:42 gears. now that its home i can install my rear disk brake set up and stick the new axles in their new home.....side note..its pretty hard to install new whel studs with out a press.....no to finish up the brakes and get her back under there.

IMG_20150405_170731_zps1akocmx0.jpgPhotoGrid_1428279269206_zpsbibjmgec.jpg

The pattern looks pretty good.  Without seeing it in person, I can't tell if I like the depth.  There is a couple of teeth that make me question that but then on the other hand, the teeth in the best part(middle) of the photo show the depth to be perfect.  It might just be an illusion of the pic.  Do you have the meter and magnet base to check the backlash on coast and cruise/accelerate? 

Keep enjoying the build.  - Dave

I like to use dial indicator to check backlash. If I remember correctly it should be .005 -.008. I also thought that axle end play is more important with disc brakes.

John S

• 2 weeks later...

nah i dont have the guage to check back lash or the magnetic base and meter.. i wish i did tho...but i know the axles and theres barley any end play with the axles. i asked the guy about the mesh pattern and he tol me that he had to install and remove the carrier a few times to get it right so im hoping that where you see the perfect mesh is from the last time he installed and checked it...keeping fingers crossed....

• 1 month later...