ss build

joseph

hello everyone, im looking for the post about the ss wich was purchaced out west. and taken apart for a restore. he posted a lot of pictures and had a great story.i cant find this in a search or under ss 454.can anyone tell me where this is. thanks joseph

I think you may be wanting the post by ss454-71, that's about a car that came from western Arizona.  It's in the Restorers Forum.  The last post was Aug 21, 2014.  The car is one that LostnFound located on Craigslist and posted the link for us.  I called about it and had several conversations with the guy that was a new owner, and he originally said that he was parting it out, but decided to sell it as is.  I urged him to go back to the PO and get the motor/trans and anything else he could get for it.  He did and sent me pics of everything.  He bought it cheap and had a very reasonable selling price.  I ultimately passed on the car,  due to shipping costs and lack of funds. The current owner is in N.Y.  and  found the Craigslist ad while he was on the west coast for business,  

Here is the link:

http://www.firstgenmc.com/forums/index.php?/topic/10201-1970-monte-carlo-ss454-tripe-black-barn-find/

Dan