axles out of posi

D.E

What is the trick to getting axles out of my 71 with posi.Can't get to clips to remove them.Do you pry the springs out.It is the one with the 4 springs and no spider gears.Thanks for help.Had to remove the right side cap to get pinion bolt out.Thanks for info to get this solved

I think they are a little stuck since they have never been out will tap on them inward and pull clips.Thanks.Hope this is the last thing since I've replaced the 700 2 times since on road since Nov.Rear was not noisy till Sunday going for a ride.But after sitting in shed for 6yrs and 2 yrs on the frame off build.Guess it has to be something wrong.It has 122000 miles on car since I bought it new in 71

Do you have the drums off already? Did the cross pin come out with all of its threads? I assume it broke. The axles wont go in far enough with the drums on and is there is a little thread left on the pin, you can try to walk it out with a sharp pick.

I got it out yesterday by tapping the axles in and they were stuck in the seals a little tight but the bolt that holds the pin in had to remove the right side carrier cap to get it out.Going to get brgs and new seals this morning.Boy some rust hanging in right tube will get it out before I put it back together.Only on right side I guess from sitting for yrs in the shed.Had the brg rusty mess.Thanks for help.Hope this finishes this car so I can get started in the 35