Looking for new Radiator

GoGreen70MC

I replaced the radiator in my Monte two summers ago and it is still under warranty.  I have been told by multiple people (including Sam at the Woodward Cruise) that the radiator is too close to the battery and could cause problems if the battery gets really hot.  Any additional thoughts?  Also, I am looking for a radiator that looks stock.  I know that US Radiator makes repro radiators for Montes.  Has anyone had experience with them before?  Thanks.  

Conrad

http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e346/keurejia/IMG_2273_zpstelrtr7e.jpg

6d3b63d3-723a-4e21-b2f8-aefd2258f9f4_zps

Hi Conrad, the one they sell up here as the OEM replacement is the Spectra CU364. Up here it sells for $450 plus tax which means you can probably buy one in Michigan for under $300.

Cheers,

Larry

Replaced my OEM a few years back with Aluma Tech (if I remember right) Aluminum radiator.  They do OEM look and fit perfectly.  One thing I wished I would have asked is that the overflow tube on the filler neck be more at the 5 o-clock position.  Over flow hose installation more difficult at the 3 o-clock position!  This is a Heavy Duty 2 core radiator that once installed, my engine temp has not climber over 180 degrees regardless of environment.  I am very very pleases with performance and OEM look.

Cost back then was near $550.00 but made in USA.

Doug

post-458-0-22712600-1432932647_thumb.jpg

post-458-0-49110100-1432932859_thumb.jpg

looks just like my radiator. i have a champion aluminum radiator and it sits close to the battery. but i think if your battery tray is held in place correctly ands your battery is held down the correct way it should be fine...for me I had to cut a piece out the battery tray because it was rubbing the radiator and thats not good but it was an easy fix

Thanks for the input Scott.  I decided just to keep the battery that's in there.  My battery tray doesn't touch the radiator either.  I also ran it by the shop where I had the radiator replaced and they pointed out that the battery has a few inches of plastic on the side close to the radiator which would protect the battery from receiving any damage.  

Conrad