Freakin small instrument panel fuses

Well, in the olden days they had those at the gas station. I remember them in that yellow display with all the little drawers...

I had to replace one of the long ones the other night, and it was hard to find glass fuses. The ATO type were common. Around here, NAPA auto parts has hard-to-find stuff. They don't use a computer even! They have a real catalog with pictures, and circles and arrows pointing to each one and a paragraph on the back...

If they are the small glass tube fuses, you could try Radio Shack or some electronics supply shops. You may even try some of the real old auto Parts stores rather than some of the newer national chains.

Rob

------------------

Go Car or Show Car, it doesn't matter, you are welcome here

think its hard to find fuses for a monte? anyone ever see the type of fuses that come in a 320i BMW now those are hard to find! and they always corrode and stop working

------------------

• 69 custom camper/cst 10
  • 70 monte carlo
  • 73 chevelle 4 door

deluxe"kermit": no carpet(rubber floor) no floor, no trunk still drives (D.Ot'd finally)

• 74 cheyenne super 20 454 SOLD frown
  • 77 fully loaded silverado

that my Grandpa gave me

• 1980 BMW 320i(at least it isnt Japanese)
  • 1981 ford f150 4x4
  • 1972 Honda ct 90 trailbike

Castlegar B.C.The great white North (Canada Eh!)

ek_3.jpg

are those like Volvo uses? A ceramic "pill" with a strip of metal from one end to the other?

Just be glad we aren't trying to find TUBES for our radios!

yup those are them they suck i hate them but I like my beemer so win lose i guess

------------------

• 70 monte carlo
  • 73 chevelle 4 door

deluxe"kermit": no carpet(rubber floor) no floor, no trunk still drives (D.Ot'd finally)

that my Grandpa gave me

• 1981 ford f150 4x4

ek_3.jpg

I'd agree Napa would probably have them. I had the same problem awhile back. I finally found some at a large truck stop. Everyone else did'nt have them, advanced,orielly's,autozone ect.

Jon.

• 2 weeks later...

Ok, now I cant find my blown fuse, so couls someone please help me out and tell me what size that fuse is?? It should have a number on it or something...

Thanks

The number should be at either end of the fuse telling you the amperage. Which instrument is the fuse for? You can buy a cheap test light to determine which fuse is bad.

Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by 70MonteMadness:

Ok, now I cant find my blown fuse, so couls someone please help me out and tell me what size that fuse is?? It should have a number on it or something...

Thanks</font>

------------------

My 1970 Monte Restore Pages

site1100.jpg

logo_org_pub.gifLLOYD@FIRSTGENERATIONMONTECARLO.COM logo_org_pub.gif

I heard some idiot used a .22 as a fuse once. quite dumb. Use some cigerette tinfoil

------------------

• 70 monte carlo
  • 73 chevelle 4 door

that my Grandpa gave me

• 1981 ford f150 4x4

ek_3.jpg