Engine Cleaning Tips

I have a rebuilt 350 it was rebuild about 4 years ago in decent shape beside that fact it has a chokeless carb. So the intake has some burned gas from months ago can I clean that up. Also the power steering unit is oily can I just take one of those cans of degreaser and go to work or are there places I cant spray. Any Special Tricks?

Hey guys thanks for the help. Also kevin can you send me the info to join

Originally posted by KPMONTECARLO:

. So the intake has some burned gas from months ago can I clean that up. Also the power steering unit is oily can I just take one of those cans of degreaser and go to work or are there places I cant spray. Any Special Tricks?

I used a degreaser cleaner made by Meguiers. It comes in a spray bottle its a purple liquid. I cant remember what they call it. The sprayer on my bottle went bad so it'S in a plain bottle now. It did a good job on my intake and valve covers. No discoloration to the paint. But as always test a spot before using heavily.

Steve

Simple Green works well on that greasy stuff also.

------------------

Aaron

1970 Misty Turquoise Monte Carlo

My Monte Carlo Web Site

Monte131a.jpglogo_iamca.gif

If your wife ever says "Come and move this transmission so I can take a bath," You might be a Gearhead.

Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by jaxx:
some oven cleaners work good to on grease

</font>

I thought the same thing, I did this on my first Monte, 65K miles of grease, sprayed it complete top 1/2 of the engine with EZ Off oven cleaner, within a couple of minutes the foam from the oven cleaner was turning orange, by the time I got it rinsed off, it was bare metal. Just thought you might want to be aware of this before you try it.

------------------
'70 Monte Carlo, Forest Green Metallic w/black vinyl top, Dark Green Metallic Interior

community.webshots.com/user/wv_moonshiner

http://www.cardomain.com/id/mr70monte

278787_3_full.jpg

If you see this car on a trailer, call 911, because it's stolen!