INTERIOR - Interior colors

I have sandalwood interior in my 71 the rug is a light brown & the bottom of the door and the pad is like a kakhi color light and the dash is a light brown. I have seen these color combos with other sandalwood interiors its all original but what is the color of my rug & dash? I have asked people with my interior they didnt know catologs only have color names no pics. I have no pics can anyone shed some light on this?

Do you have the build sheet on the car? If so you can get the code off it and call your local Chevrolet dealership and they can tell you. From the picture it looks like a sandlewood and light saddle, but your build sheet will tell you. I hope this helps.

"Keep driving them MONTE's"

grease that is an opional steering wheel (coushion grip) that was avalible. but i think the horn button was actually the bow tie if i am not mistaken. they are ou thre in repro and several originals on e-bay from time to time.

But the cushion grip wheel was only available on the '70 Montes, 71-72 had the 4 spoke sport wheel. The center on the wheel above is from a Vette, maybe the wheel also.

My 70 ss has that same wheel but the horn button is the same color as the spokes (brushed alum.or stainless) then in the center it has black paint with a brushed alum small chevy symbol attached to it and then around the chevy symbol there is a ring around it devided into 3 section one is red one white and one is blue.This wheel looks very cool.

• 3 months later...

Wow, I thought I was looking at the int of my monte. I have not been able to figure out excatly what colors it is either.

Ian

on the interior color there "should" be some info on the body tag about what color the interior originaly was and you can figure out on what the colors are according to that. or if you haven't got the build sheet or info on the body tag you could get the restoration package from cheverolet 1-800-222-1020 you will need the vin number for your car "lower drivers side windshield vin" they will send you a package on your car so that should contain what color the interior is. hope the helps out.

------------------

hmmmm the sound of wrenches turning and a air impact gun going... slowly out from the garage emerges a luxury muscle car that is anything but... it is.. the monte carlo with a new edelbrock performer rpm power package and new 350 block stroked.

doesn't make much sense to me but the interior of my 70 is probly 4 different shades of Saddle / browns. i cant figure it out frown.gif mike

It's not ivory gold it looked like it was going to be med saddle but i had an extra door panel that has been off the car for almost 8yrs and you can see the difference in the fad so it make me wonder how much she faded since 71 now Im leaning toward saddle, but I have seen about three shades of saddle!! so go with med saddal or saddle and dye the carpet on the door. As for the dash pad and the whole dash who knows! thanks for the help!

[This message has been edited by GodsavetheMonte (edited 05-30-2001).]

That looks an awful lot like my interior also.As with some of you it looks like I have three or four different colors inside. I just decoded my trim tag (tr 679) and it is called a light saddle, and yes that wheel does look great!!

Brad

light saddle for the carpet and dash? any clue about the dash pad it needs to be touched up, its darker than the dash also my pillars are that dash pad color. thanks I will look in to the light saddle carpet and dash paint.

Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by GodsavetheMonte:
light saddle for the carpet and dash? any clue about the dash pad it needs to be touched up, its darker than the dash also my pillars are that dash pad color. thanks I will look in to the light saddle carpet and dash paint.</font>

Actually, my interior looks very similar to yours(judging by the pic) except my seats and door panels look a bit darker.I purchased my carpet years ago and dont recall them giving me a bunch of options. Possibly the interior code relates to door panels seat skins and headliner, I mean how can they have one code for 4 different shades of brown????
Brad