Numbers Matching

Monty-SS

As far as the engine goes, the way to tell if original to the car id by the stamping on engine block (See attached photo for location).  The last 5 digits on engine should match last 5 digits of VIN # of car to validate originality.  The other alpha numerical numbers prior to S/N are also relevant to validate.

The Rear End is stamped on axle tube (see attached photo) and those numbers you could trace if correct to Make, Model, Year and also gear ratio , open / closed, build date & assy plant.

Not sure about Tranny for this year.  I know there is a stamping but location I don't know (mine is a 72) and here is the ID plate of mine for this year (see attached photo).

If you can get the numbers from each and supply them here, there are those that can provide you answers and or link you to where you can research them.

Good luck.

Doug.

post-458-0-47431100-1439865150_thumb.jpg

post-458-0-76126700-1439865279_thumb.jpg

post-458-0-86615700-1439865633_thumb.jpg

Sorry, axle tube picture not very clear but the stamping is located (looking aft forward) on R/H axle tube (passenger side).  It is stamped on the inside side of axle tube out from carrier housing about 10" or so and center on tube.  This stamping can be very light and may have to wire brush to metal in order to read.  Attached photo is more representative for stamp ID location.

Doug

post-458-0-54942600-1439866574_thumb.jpg