Factory Am trouble

lastss

Anyone know what would cause a factory amp needle to turn/point down?? was working fine then next I notice its pointing towards the floor does move a little when load changes.

I don't know if this can happen but it sounds like the needle came off (or almost did) the stem.

My second hand of my clock did that (came off).

Bruce

Update, Well its didn't work under the hood, However it did work directly at the gauge Hooray & Many Thanks to all its a neat trick that saves a lot of time/lobor Many Thanks Bob

Learn something new all the time! Great that it worked, I had never heard of this trick. I wonder what causes this to happen? Did the car get hit by lightning?

No but in the process of tightening the ac lines The red wire on the horn relay got touched for just a second & later the amp was fine But a couple miles later it was noticed, Which could very well had registered such a large neg draw it caused it. Not sure, but don't want that to happen again. I thought I had already turn the quick battery shut off but A Senior Moment. as I didn't. OH Well.  

Bob if you like that trick If you or anyone else switch over to LED dash bulbs if you use a 9volt battery you can test the bulb before you put it back in the dash to make sure the voltage is going the right way. You can also use the same 9volt to apply juice though the PCB to turn the dash lights on.