70 monte are the wipers concealed or not

i had to order a wiper motor and washer pump today for my 70.the parts guy had two listings concealed and non concealed.he had a picture of the washer pumps for both,the pump that looked like mine was for the concealed .the motor i removed had a round shaped motor and a triangle looking pump that screwed to it ,can i assume that the 70s had the round not the square shaped motor thanks gene

Gene,

All first gen Monte Carlo windshield wipers are considered a "concealed" design. I don't understand why they have a listing for them as being otherwise.

Windshield wipers are considered "concealed" when they are attached to the cowl area at the base of the windshield BELOW the hood line, and the trailing edge of the hood is curled up a bit to allow clearance of the wipers between the underside/back of the actual hinged hood panel and the windshield glass.

Non-concealed wipers would be like on a first generation Camaro. The wipers are attached on the top of the body-colored painted cowl area that is at the base of the windshield, which is up at the same level as the actual hinged hood panel. Therefore the wipers are visible from all angles, and considered "non-concealed". smile.gif

Hope this helps,

Dave

thanks guys thats what i assumed. p.s mr.monte in regards to last weeks question i used a paddock rear package tray with the mesh it already was set up for two rear speakers

Originally posted by David Mau:

Gene,

All first gen Monte Carlo windshield wipers are considered a "concealed" design. I don't understand why they have a listing for them as being otherwise.

Over 30 years, part numbers change and listings get combined. Things don't always get copied correctly, etc. Even with the newer stuff I try to take the part with me when I go to the parts store. You never know what they will bring to the counter.

------------------

Steve

Autoparts stores rely on their computers too much these days. Whatever happened to common sense confused.gif

------------------

• 69 custom camper/cst 10
  • 70 monte carlo
  • 73 chevelle 4 door

deluxe"kermit": no carpet(rubber floor) no floor, no trunk still drives (D.Ot'd finally)

• 74 cheyenne super 20 454 SOLD frown
  • 77 fully loaded silverado

that my Grandpa gave me

• 1980 BMW 320i(at least it isnt Japanese)
  • 1981 ford f150 4x4
  • 1972 Honda ct 90 trailbike

Castlegar B.C.The great white North (Canada Eh!)

ek_3.jpg

Steve,

What you said about parts numbers getting copied and such over 30 years makes sense. I also agree with you that it's a good idea to take your old parts with you when you go in for new ones.

Thanks,

Dave

------------------

I'm Just Enjoyin' That Great S-S-Sensation; Diggin' My First G-G-Generation.