AUTO BODY REPAIR - Chrome Platting

I was looking for a place to get my bumper chromed and came a crossed this. You can look up platters for your area, Art Brass does repair work to original specs in Seattle Washington, I called many people from the list, and most of them told me to call Art Brass, as they have the original molds to use for straitening and repair. In addition, you can look up local platters in your area as well, ok maybe local.

http://www.plantfloor.com/nations/usa_metalworking_plating.htm

straightening is the thing I dread doing. I sent mine back twice and it still isn't straight. They claim to have perfect molds but that isn't always true. I sent mine back twice and it still isn't streight. Get a few opinions from people who experienced the various shops in your area. The place I took it to did awesome chroming though. The local parts guy says he's seen a lot of bad chroming jobs on the cars he's parted out. Beware.

------------------

Aaron

1970 Misty Turquoise Monte Carlo

My Monte Carlo Web Site

Monte150a.jpglogo_iamca.gif

Ok I looked up my area. Isnt lookin good. Closest place is in Watertown SD, which is about hour an a half drive, otherwise the twin cities and thats 4 hours away.

------------------

157238_21_thumb.jpg157238_24_thumb.jpg157238_18_thumb.jpg157238_23_thumb.jpg157238_16_thumb.jpg

1971 Monte Carlo, 350, th350, black, black top, light sandal wood interior

1967 Pontiac Catalina, 400, Th400, cameo ivory white, red interior

FOR SALE: 1994 Chevy Beretta Z26

Boy was I ever burnt on chroming. Guilford Plating in Greensboro, NC totally ruined my rear Bumper, and headlamp bezels. I ended up just skipping the chroming experience again and got NOS. Costs more, but a heck of a lot less of a headache in the end.

I find that finding out who's who is asking questions of other car enthusiasts when you go to local car shows. Or local meets. Allot of car buffs have many opinions. It is the best way to find small shops that would otherwise be unknown. Also, you find out who NOT to go to. Saves allot of time and searching.

Fred