Help selecting a vinyl top to purchase .....

I just recently discovered your site and have been literally glued to it for the past few days. Great site and great info !!!

I currently own three montes (2-70, 1-72) and am looking to replace the vinyl top on my daily driver car. I saw that "Year One" offers a top, but they only carry what they call a standard grade top for montes as opposed to the premium quality top for chevelles. Anyone out there ever replace their vinyl top? Where is the best place to get one? How much should I expect to pay?

Thanks in advance !!!

Mike, I defer your question to those who have vinyl tops and have replaced them. I am responding to welcome you to our second home. You are correct about all the great information people receive here, heck we even learn things in the process of helping others.

We hope you will go that extra step and actually join the club and receive our newsletter. I'm not sure where Center Valley is but I am in Pittsburgh, Pa. We have numerous members across the state.

Again, Welcome to the board.

Rob

------------------

Go Car or Show Car, it doesn't matter, you are welcome here

Welcome Mike! biggrin.gif Like Rob, I'm here in Pittsburgh too. Let us know how far you are from Pittsburgh. I know Rob has been talking about getting together with other first gen owners, in the area, to go out for a cruise. It would be cool to have another Monte in the pack. To get back to your question, I don't know the difference between the grades. I did see that Year One has two different kinds. In fact, that is the only place I have seen them. You may want to seach the internet and see what you come up with. I have to remove mine someday and put some work into the roof but I don't plan to put a new top on...yet.

Sorry wrong link it is for the headliners instead. as I was saying welcome to the club Mike you might find the vinyl to on their sight as well.

Welcome to the FGMCC Mike! I have not replaced my vinyl yet but, you can also get one from http://musclecarsonly.com here is a link to their vinyl’s http://musclecarsonly.com/7072MCINTERIORGOODS.html

1970 MONTE CARLO HEADLINER

09-12720 PERFORATE - WITH SAIL PANELS...........................$65.00

09-12746 PERFORATE - WITHOUT SAIL PANELS...................$49.95

------------------

logo_org_pub.gifLLOYD@firstgenmc.com logo_org_pub.gifgraphic_pub.jpg

http://home.attbi.com/~adgtrunklid

[This message has been edited by ADGTRUNKLID (edited 06-23-2002).]

I bought my replacement top from Ausleys Chevelle www.chevelle.com

------------------

71 Monte 454 HO "FULMNTE"

86 Monte LS "The Gray Mouse" FOR SALE!

Andreas' Monte Carlo Site

Member NMCOA, FGMCC (Event Coordinator)

------------------------------------------

Sig.gif

------------------------------------------

"It ain't a car if it's not a Monte"

montesmile.jpg

Thanks for all of the replys and info. I'm still collecting info and when I get it all sorted out, I will let everyone know what I did. I still have lots of body work to do before I put the top back on anyway.

By the way, for those who asked, Center Valley is right next to Allentown and Bethlehem. Pretty far from Pittsburg or the cruise idea would be a go.

Later and thanks again !!!

Mike

Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by hill:
will the chevelle top fit our montes? thats all i can find on year one</font>

Yes, mid body style is the same with the exception as I noted previously - the rear seam is different. But the top I got from Year One allowed you to do either version with the same top.

The saga continues .. I called Year One yesterday and they told me that the Chevelle top will not fit the Monte Carlo. I would prefer dealing with Year One rather than Ausley's becuase I've had problems with things from Ausleys's and great success with dealing with ear One.

So, some questions for MarkSS454.

Did you order a top for a Chevelle or MC?

If you ordered a Chevelle top, did you

order the "standard" or "premium" grade?

If I could order the Chevelle top in the premium grade and it would fit my Monte, then I would be happy as could be. Please let me know. Thanks !!!!