RESTORERS - vinyl roof trim question

Does anyone out there know if the Halo vinyl/two tone paint roof trim was available on all three years of the first generation. I have the two tone paint and my car has this Halo style trim. I have seen both but don't know if it was available all three years. Also, does anyone know what percent had the halo type and what percent had the trim going all the way to the windshield moulding.

If nobody knows these percentages maybe people could respond with their year and what style theirs has or had.

Rob

Rob, both of my 70's (the project and ol' rusty, the donor car) have the halo style top. from what i gather the 70 was the only model with that style top, and some of the 70's as well went the other way (no halo). guess those non halo cars where meaner smile.gif

I Think all 1970 montes wth vinyl tops had the halo trim and 71-72 had the front of the top tuck under the windshield moulding, but i have a concern about something with the trim and that is i've seen some montes with a portion of the trim painted the body color and some (like mine) with all chrome which one is correct

------------------

MCman70

If the 70 monte was made at a "late" build date like may june or even july, it will have the NON halo style top. The non-halo style was probably phased out in mid april of 1970 and was no longer available. It depends on the build date.

The top trim's upper section should be painted the color of the vinyl top. For instance, mine is a 1970 Monte Carlo built in June 1970 so it has NON halo style and the trim is painted black all except for the "lip" which is small at the bottom part of the trim. The paint on this trim usually wore off after just a few years.

[This message has been edited by Kevin Wiles (edited 06-19-2001).]

the first 70 Monte i had back in senior year of highschool('75) was a holo vinyl top .the car was green mist with dark green roof . the halo trim was green on the upper portion which i think is the lower/shorter side of the trim . it was chipped a good bit so i stripped all the paint from it .geez why did i get rid of that car ? lol life got in the way and car went to a new owner . mike