RESTORERS - Inop clock.

it may just need cleaned up and some internal parts replaced year one does this for a fee and it comes back looking brand new i am not sure on the price but i think it cost 40 to 50 bucks plus it has a warranty with it i beleive. it would be a lot easier "wont have to hunt one down or order one unless its cheaper" just an idea.

I saw in Year One where they rebuilt them with quartz components, but it costs around $150. I'll buy a WalMart stick-on digital before I pay that much.

------------------

Adam

She ain't quick off the line, but she sho' cruises fine.

• 3 months later...

Mine worked when I got it, but seemed to die about the time I started losing my lighter and right turn signal indicator. Sometimes they work, sometimes not. my wiring's in ok shape, but who knows for sure what lurks back there. I bet if you sat down with a phone book and called some of your seedier electronic repair places, they might be able to fix a clock. For heaven's sake, clocks from the 70s aren't that complicated!

The clock in my 72 worked up until about 1988. (not too bad)

I had had the cluster out, when I did the frame off on it (finished in 1992), and shot a little mystery oil into the gears and spun thing around by hand a few times.

The clock worked for about 4 more years and pooped out again....must be time for another shot of mystery oil!!

------------------

Dave C.

8H57665.jpg

7i36256.jpg

70 402 4spd Monte Carlo

71 SS 454 Monte Carlo

72 350 Monte Carlo

69 427 Corvette roadster

86 Grand National

96 Impala SS

Most of the time the points and coils need replaced. If the car has been low on voltage for awhile (battery run down in storage),the points can be toasted. Much the same as points

in a distributor. Also there are two copper coils that often are corroded and need replaced.