pressure gauge vs. red light

rsorg

How important is my under dash stewart warner oil pressure gauge , compared to a factory installed dash gauge setup with just a red light , Is there any thing to be concerned about from going without  idiot lights and an after market press gauge to a red warning light, I liked to know what my oil pressure would be while driving ,but with the gauge set up I would eliminate the ugly under dash gauges, .

Most drivers by the time the light comes on 8lbs or less, shut it down the damage is done. However a gauge not in plain sight is much help either. Tee it off & have both.  

Jared, that looks good, what do you mean you have to supply the amp gauge , I might be changing over from idiot lights to gauges this fall, would this gauge work with the new circuit board for gauges,I currently have s and w gauges under my console ,oil pressure, amp and temp. I am debating whether to change over and add led s ,etc but maybe don't want the hassle, will see thanks eveyone ,Roger

What Gary the tachman does is takes an original AMP gauge re screen prints it and converts it to function as an oil.pressure gauge, you can also convert it to a volt gauge. He does either, the oil pressure gauge gets its power from the temp.gauge terminal running a wire over to it and it gets its reading directly from the sender under the hood, this gaugee is no longer controlled by the printed circuit, that area is cut away, you also cut the oil gauge wire from the plug and splice it to the wire included with the gauge, I know all my rambling sounds complicated but it's very simple.