Can Anyone Recommend Headers for a 350?

rentahubby

You might be more specific with your question.  Once we know what your expectation is, then I'm pretty sure others will chime in.

You getting for show, performance?

Looking for Long or Short Tube?

Ceramic Coated?  as examples..........

Doug

Well I have no clue what would fit best, I'd like a good set with out breaking the bank. Are shorty's better or are LOng tube better, mostly for performance as well.

I believe Long Tube Headers are more efficient but Short Tube Headers can help for the clearance issues.

Not sure what issues are with SB engines but BB engines are problematic depending on the style of headers installed.

There has been a lot of discussion over the past years and am sure someone who had similar concerns will chime in.

Just because they may advertise for 1st Gen. Montes, does not mean they will necessarily fit due to restrictions with space.

Always good to get several opinions if possible before making up your mind on which brand.

Good luck.......................

Doug

I bought a set of Summits ceramic headers and the fit perfect look great still and have had 0 issues with them and they are inexpensive compared to the name brand headers. If you are interested I can send you pic.

I am happy with my Holley FloTech headers. They don't sell them with the ceramic coating so I had mine coated. Good fit, look great since they match my intake, and reasonably priced.

• Like 1

I bought a set of Summits ceramic headers and the fit perfect look great still and have had 0 issues with them and they are inexpensive compared to the name brand headers. If you are interested I can send you pic.

Well we have the same car so why not the same headers? LOL. Can you send me a pic and the part number?

Summit has 2 options for the 350. SUM-G9001-9 and SUM-G9101, I went with the metallic ceramic coated and are $321.97 for the pair. The other set is $259.97. Not 100% sure what the difference is but call them and ask.

Talk to Scott on which headers he used from Summit. His set was a little different than mine and I had to modify a shift link from the steering wheel to get mine to fit correctly. I know he has it written down somewhere.

definitely go with long tubes since you will have no clearance issues with a sbc.....I also have a set of the flotech headers....fit great and very easy to install. I would recommend getting ceramic coated as well....

• Like 1

Shorty headers are more efficient than long tube headers. Long tube headers were made for full on racing; all the exhaust gasses leave the engine as fast as possible for more horsepower. But since all that engine pressure is leaving the engine so quickly, you lose torque. Here's the basics; if you're running the street, go with shorty headers; they will give you no clearence/hitting the ground issuuse and that back pressure they will have will be good for the motor to increase the torque. Long tube headers will make going over speed bumps a challenge / grinding on the ground on a bad bump. Go with shorty headers, not long tube. Just my suggestion and explanation for what I've learned when it comes to headers. Good luck making a decision.

• Like 1