1C B 0717

Can you tell me what the following means:

The 9 (is above BDY)

Trim code 757

The B

and

Thank you,

Jake

The 9 and 0717 have no specific meaning. Same with the B in the third line.

1C means that your Monte's body was assembled in January (1), third week ©

not exactly true , the bottom line are plant codes , some folks have knowledge of these codes , for example the letter L on Kansas built cars designates big block , i am currently working on a 72 for a customer on the firewall 553 is written by a line worker that is also on the bottom line of the trim tag and ids the transmission used , most of the lower line codes are a mystery but believe me they did have a meaning as each plant had a different method , on mid sixties cars w2lr means a 4 speed , i have figured out some of the codes from having so many cars to look at

Leo

not exactly true , the bottom line are plant codes , some folks have knowledge of these codes , for example the letter L on Kansas built cars designates big block , i am currently working on a 72 for a customer on the firewall 553 is written by a line worker that is also on the bottom line of the trim tag and ids the transmission used , most of the lower line codes are a mystery but believe me they did have a meaning as each plant had a different method , on mid sixties cars w2lr means a 4 speed , i have figured out some of the codes from having so many cars to look at

Leo

What I meant is that these number have no meaning to mortals. Of course, Leo is already a Monte Carlo Saint...grin

saint i dont know about that , but thanks , i dont have all the lower line codes but i know some of them , working on a 70 1/2 z28 and z28 is on the lower line , also canadian cars will have all the rpo codes on the bottom line

Evil Saint Leo