Checked on price for 5-speed swap

Heckeng

Hey, I've been sick for a couple days now, and I've had too much time laying in bed, or watching the boob tube, and thinking about mods for the Monte. I e-mailed Keisler Engineering to see how much a 5-speed conversion would be for my currently automatic car. The kit I priced was their top of the line TKO-600, which is good for 600 lbft of torque, and it comes with everything you'd need from bell housing, to clutch, to pedals to driveshaft. Unfortunately, it is out of my price range at $4800.00 complete. But, when I win the lottery, it will be mine! lol

Look at it this way...a stick shift will just slow you down... wink

Although the fun factor and better gas mileage would be nice...hey, what is their overdrive ratio for 5th gear if you don't mind me asking... smile

Bill

Guest Evil Austin

They have 3 options. . . (.68) . . . (.64). . . .(82)

Well I need to see if they will take their driveshaft out of the pricing, because I am going to run a ford 9" and I don't think that they will have one that will mix. . .

-EA

Guest 72yellowmc
Hey, I've been sick for a couple days now, and I've had too much time laying in bed, or watching the boob tube, and thinking about mods for the Monte. I e-mailed Keisler Engineering to see how much a 5-speed conversion would be for my currently automatic car. The kit I priced was their top of the line TKO-600, which is good for 600 lbft of torque, and it comes with everything you'd need from bell housing, to clutch, to pedals to driveshaft. Unfortunately, it is out of my price range at $4800.00 complete. But, when I win the lottery, it will be mine! lol

Hey i'm thinking of doing that........ it would be great to slam the gears.... but.... but..... but.... man I would have to beef up everything else up to handle the bang bang bang bang.....come on lottery.... cool

Guest Evil Austin

Well I just bought a built 12 bolt (strange gears/ stud girdle/ c-clip eliminators and brand new strange posi unit) for $900 which is great. . . but the gears that are in it are 4.88. So I am gonna run those, for fun to see what the mighty monte can do. I talked to keisler and it looks like their kit for my app is going to be $4600 and change. . . anybody need lotto tickets while I am there ?

-EA

Guest Evil Austin

Decided to use one of the m22's I have sitting in the garage, and just piece my own kit together. . . One cool thing though, I am going to use a gear vendors overdrive so I can run my 4.88 gears and still have room to run on the freeway. . .

-EA