Resilvering the rear view mirror

70 Iron

Hi all

Have any of you ever had this done?I am restoring a map light rear view mirror for the 70 and would like to know where a good place to get it resilvered.I have been looking on the net for a place that does the auto rear views but they are scarice.I called a couple of places but they no longer do it and still waiting on one to return my call.I found a place in Anaheim Ca. that will do it,Its called Anaheim Glass,so unless I hear of a better place it will be sent to them tomorrow.I had to remove the mirror from the holder and just send the glass.The price is 25 bucks and 2-3 wks turn around.The price sounds good if they do a good job. Thanks,TERRY

Hi Terry,

Could you please send me the info on them? I also could not find a place that does them. I would like to get a couple mirrors done. Do they have a website?

Thanks,

Mike

Yes Rob the price is right I just hope it turns out nice

White Knight,were you pleased with the job?

Mike ,I don't beleive they have a web but the phone # is 714 535-4940 and ask for Jim Wingert,I'm not sure but I think his ph # is 714 563-7561.I called the first # and they transfered me to him. Send $25.00 and he will do the job and send it back.But call them and verify everything. If I like the job ,I have a couple more to have resilvered.

Send it to Anaheim Glass,

542 South Anaheim BLVD

Anaheim, CA 92805

ATT: Jim Wingert

White Knight,You were clear on your reply,I just meant were you pleased on the chance you took on ebay.I perhaps confused you !lol. I will be shipping mine tomorrow,I did'nt get to go to the post office today,Spent most of the day in the junk yard.

Terry

Glad you were satisfied ,I could be happy if a little less than perfect,It has to be better than it is now.

Mike,Just in case you missed it in my first post,You need to remove the glass from the holder and send only that. I used a heat gun to soften the vinyl up a little and carefully rolled the vinyl up and removed the glass,You leave the vinyl on the holder.

Terry

• 3 weeks later...

Hey All,

Just wanted to let you know I got the mirror back from Anaheim Glass and that I am very pleased with the job they did. $25.00 + shipping both ways,about 34.00 total.Its back in the Monte and working fine,But I'll probably never use it!!lol

Terry

• 11 months later...