body-side weather strip

kc8oye

what holds this in? I'm looking at the strip that goes around the top of the door glass on the body... mine is kinda crappy, and I need to pull it out anyway to repaint the car...

Glue, and its pressed into the chrome. It has a lip on each side of it that fits into the molding. I dont think there was a lot of glue on mine, just a couple dabs of weatherstrip cement in a few places. To put it in, I just tucked one side up in the channel, then go down the other side with a small nylon window stick and tuck that side in.

Its not too bad, Im sure you can handle it

ah ok.

do i pull the weatherstrip to expose the screws to the chrome? just wanna make sure I have my ducks in a row smile cuz I wanna get crankin on this thing as soon as it's warm enough and dave gets his crap out of his barn wink

Yea, but you dont need to pull the chrome to replace the weatherstrip. The chrome is attached to the body, then the weatherstrip goes into that.

From what I remember anyway! smile

tony ur memory is right on with the weather stripping. they should be a total of 6 screws if i remember right that holds the chrome on to the car. when i put my weather stripping in i let it run long and into the sail panel area im not sure if thats right or not but it worked. it takes times to get the stripping into the chrome.

I do remeber putting in the chrome first, then plugging the weatherstrip into it. It wasnt too big a deal, but it did take time, I dont think I put more than a couple dabs of glue into mine either.

Have fun Tim