trans cooler

monte70car

hey guys im looking for some infor on a b&m trans cooler. this is the type we have in the elkie bmm-70297_w_m.jpg what fittings did u all used coming off the trans cooler we have steel lines coming out of the trans and up into the engine bay. should we keep the metal lines goin to the cooler or change over to rubber/steel braided hose? also what makes the fan come on does it use a ground as a one swtich or is it 12v to make it come on and off. also how much fuild will i need the trans a a deep b&m trans pan which holds 2 more quarts more then a stock pan or should we fuild it up until its full?

I used all -6 fittings and lines, I have the one w/out the fan, I would top it off using the dipstick, I ran mine 1/2 pint low from the dipstick reading, this was recommended by my trans builder, since it had two extra quarts from the deep pan, it would be less likely to leak at the dipstick tube

I used steel 3/8" brake line for my cooler lines. that way the line itself can act as a litte extra cooler.. plus it was easier to route. a 5' length will JUST reach from the trans to the radiator if you don't mind a non-stock routing.

then when I added the external cooler, I just disconnected the line coming out of the stock cooler, added a hose barb to the stock cooler ,and ran rubber hose from the barb to the cooler and thenf rom the cooler back to the steel line.

a 3/8" what? hose barb? double flarE? single flare? npt? fpt?

my radiator is a 1/4" npt.. I just got a brass 1/4" male npt to 3/8" hose barb, so I could connect a rubber hose to it and my new cooler