American Autowire harness

Tim972

Does anyone know if American Autowire uses all factory type connectors at the firewall? 
As in if I already have a new harness running to the rear of the car, would it plug into the American Autowire or would I have to swap in their rear harness out also?  Thanks!

I recently put a full AAW harness in my car. The bulkhead connector appears similar, but the wire pinout may be completely different. I wouldn't plug nothing in unless you verified every single wire. Like Dennis said, call them up first.

Which AAW harness is in the car now, front or rear? Did you have a full kit, or something someone else did before you got the car? Keep in mind, if any part of the harness is original, it's over 50 years old. Piece of mind would suggest replacing the rest of it new to eliminate any old, brittle insulation that could cause a fire, short, etc.

17 minutes ago, jft69z said:

Which AAW harness is in the car now, front or rear? Did you have a full kit, or something someone else did before you got the car? Keep in mind, if any part of the harness is original, it's over 50 years old. Piece of mind would suggest replacing the rest of it new to eliminate any old, brittle insulation that could cause a fire, short, etc.

Right now it’s all original and before I disassembled the car, it all worked properly.   The reason for the question is I was considering swapping just the harness that runs to the rear of the car before I put the interior back in and eventually when I have it apart for to redo the A/C I would do the rest.  I’ll probably just do it all now and be done. 

2 hours ago, jft69z said:

I’m driving with a fire extinguisher most all of mine will be original and I will never go # 1 before I drive the car 

• Haha 1

I bit the bullet and ordered the American Autowire harness this morning.   At this point,  everything else has been replaced, no sense in skimping out now.  lol 

That's a good call. Not worth burning the car down, or chasing gremlins from sins of past owners.

1 hour ago, Dtret said:

Come on. Isn’t part of the fun chasing the dahm gremlins?

Haha, I actually don’t mind too much.  I use to work at an auto electric shop when I was younger, now I’m an electrician and fix junk machines all night  at work.  But when I finally get to drive it, I hope it goes smooth lol 

2 minutes ago, Tim972 said:

Haha, I actually don’t mind too much.  I use to work at an auto electric shop when I was younger, now I’m an electrician and fix junk machines all night  at work.  But when I finally get to drive it, I hope it goes smooth lol 

I hate electrical work. Mostly because I’m to impatient to learn it. Home electric,love it but trying to figure out why a 1.5 volt wire won’t turn on a # 67 bulb. Screw that. I applaud the people that can though

• Like 1