American Racing Header sale & question

Tim972

Just giving a heads up, if you’re on the fence about buying a set, ARH is having a tax sale right now til April 30th, 10% off and free shipping.   I just ordered myself a set!  
With that brings my questions, what have you guys done for polishing/upkeep on them?  I’ve had ceramic headers before, but this will be my first set of stainless steel ones.  I’ve read they can turn brown near the flanges?  Anyone have this occur yet on yours?   Thanks 👍

74BB0E4A-709D-45E8-B2C8-5888E1312320.png

• Like 1

Mine are turning a little brownish, no big deal really, at least to me.

Thx for the sale info, I may be looking into a set for my Camaro next.

6 minutes ago, jft69z said:

Mine are turning a little brownish, no big deal really, at least to me.

Thx for the sale info, I may be looking into a set for my Camaro next.

You’re welcome, how long have you had your set?

I put them on late last year and got the car on the road just before winter set in. Probably about 200 miles on them, if that.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Tim972 said:

Right on, I’ve been undecided on getting them, but they sure sounded like the best fit out there.  

They do fit nice, tuck up real high to the floor. My old Hooker Super Comps were anchors in comparison in regards to how low they hung.

The header tubes were a little dark near the flange area just from the welding, nature of the beast. That being said, they could have maybe cleaned them up a little better either chemically or otherwise. There's a thread here that a few of us have a bunch of pictures in, that may give you an idea. Some of how they hang on my car compared to the Hookers as well as you go thru the thread.

1 hour ago, jft69z said:

They do fit nice, tuck up real high to the floor. My old Hooker Super Comps were anchors in comparison in regards to how low they hung.

The header tubes were a little dark near the flange area just from the welding, nature of the beast. That being said, they could have maybe cleaned them up a little better either chemically or otherwise. There's a thread here that a few of us have a bunch of pictures in, that may give you an idea. Some of how they hang on my car compared to the Hookers as well as you go thru the thread.

Thank you, I will check those out. 

Here's a couple of pics, with and without flash. They did darken up a bit, but nothing terrible or ugly. 

20210319_190457.jpg

20210319_190449.jpg

20210319_190515.jpg

20210319_190509.jpg

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, Tim972 said:

Thanks for the pics, those look great 👍 

You're welcome. If you need more from underneath, let me know. That other thread had some good pics of how high they tuck up though. I'm real happy with the fit, plus no leaks. I used the Hooker gaskets with ultra copper spray-a-gasket. FelPro gaskets just didn't seem to fit the exhaust ports as well as these ones, at least for this particular head (GM rectangle port intakes).