Bracket for steering lock hitting headers

Skifoggy

Does anyone know if there is a different bracket or a way to adjust  the bracket connecting the rod that connects the transmission to the steering lock rod. ARH headers went on perfectly but I cannot pull the shifter into first gear without the bracket hitting the top of the header tubes under the car. 

Hey Jeffrey, I did have an issue with the steering wheel lock (see link below) but as you can see someone else thought they did and didn't. I haven't been back to address it yet (I left the rod off) and figured I must have reassemble something wrong.

Thanks Mark. It looks like I only need about a half inch more to be able to pull the shifter into first gear. Without the rod, can I still get the key lock to go back to the position needed to remove the key? Anyway, it is so close, I will keep trying to adjust it and try to pick up just a little more travel on the tranny linkage mount. 

13 minutes ago, Skifoggy said:

Without the rod, can I still get the key lock to go back to the position needed to remove the key?

You can just turn the steering column collar counterclockwise, all the way, then you can turn the key. 

Can you take a picture of where it's hitting?

22 hours ago, Skifoggy said:

Thanks Mark. It looks like I only need about a half inch more to be able to pull the shifter into first gear. Without the rod, can I still get the key lock to go back to the position needed to remove the key? Anyway, it is so close, I will keep trying to adjust it and try to pick up just a little more travel on the tranny linkage mount. 

Yes, what I did was zip tie the linkage on the steering column to the position that allows you to remove the key. (as Joe already stated)