Cam critique

72RustBucket

Hello everyone! I'm getting the rest of my parts in and need to decide on a cam and complimentary valvetrain.  I already have one in mind, but being my first build, I'm open to suggestions/criticism. 

Engine is a 95 lt1. Bored .30 over, block is decked. Scat rotating assembly with cast steel crank, high silicon forged flat top pistons.

Stock aluminum lt1 heads. Valve job, mild porting, lightly milled.

Converted to carb, using edelbrock rpm air gap dual plane, 750 cfm 4bbl vacuum secondaries e85 carb.

Full msd ignition. Billet distributor, coil, box, wires

Current cam I'm looking at 

https://www.lunatipower.com/voodoo-hydraulic-roller-cam-lt1-lt4-270-278.html

I will most likely buy the cam kit, unless different springs etc are recommended. I'm undecided on 1.6 rockers for a bit more lift.

Automatic trans (th350) , 4.10 gears. Compression is high, going to run e85. No aftermarket converter at the moment. 

Car is going to be mostly street with a few buzzes down the track a couple nights a year. Mostly don't want to get embarrassed at lights very easily lol.

Also before anyone asks WHY LT1? I have a lot of lt1 parts lying around, got an insane deal on the block, and I like being different 😎

Ps-i will most likely do some upgrades after the rest of the car is put together. 

Afr 195 heads, maybe efi, move to 4l60e

• 3 weeks later...
On 5/20/2021 at 11:03 PM, 72RustBucket said:

before anyone asks WHY LT1? I have a lot of lt1 parts lying around, got an insane deal on the block, and I like being different 😎

Real estate guy here...take me with a grain of salt.  But it seems conservative?  

Based on your current setup and planned upgrades, will it seem a little too safe?  Again though, I'm not an engine builder and have only gleaned what little knowledge I have from old engine building books and build shows, so I'm more or less trying to get this post to the top to move the conversation along and learn something myself.

As someone running a 327, I hear you on being different!  

Good luck!

• Like 1

That's basically what I'm unsure of. Id rather be too conservative than too aggressive, mostly because I still have other parts etc to buy that are required/recommended when adding more power (better brakes, rear control arms etc.)