M/T Street Drag Radials

dbreese

For those of you running them have you had problems with the rim moving inside the tire while at the track? My Hoosier QTP moved on me about 3 1/2 " the last time I went to the track. They more than likely have been moving on me but I never gave it a second thought cause my setup ain't all that special.lol I'm going to the M/T for Drag Week. Just curious.

Thanks

David

time to put some screws into them grin

Yeah Sam that's what I'm being told. I just don't want to drill my weld draglites lol. I like my QTP but hated having to swap'em out during D/W 07 ( Guess I'm getting lazy). There were several guys in my group that were running the M/T's last year and they were hooking and haul'in.

David

just make sure you use stainless screws, I know...I drilled the one set of my draglites, but that was after I bought another set, one for slicks, and one for street tires, both 15"x9" (real tight fitcrazy)

For those of you running them have you had problems with the rim moving inside the tire while at the track? My Hoosier QTP moved on me about 3 1/2 " the last time I went to the track. They more than likely have been moving on me but I never gave it a second thought cause my setup ain't all that special.lol I'm going to the M/T for Drag Week. Just curious.

Thanks

David

Hey David the QTP are like the M/T ET Street which will spin on the rim if you hook hard enough.. I've used the ET Street, now ET Drag that are pinned at the track....I just bought a set of the M/T Street Drag radial I will be using on the street, but I have friends that have used them at the track and gone 11.00 with a 1.53 60ft with them not pinned

Scott

11.00 is awesome, but what car, what weight, and how much power? I agree with Sam that you need two sets of wheels. One for the street(with street tires because you are going to spin anyway) and the other pinned for the track with track specific tires to hook as hard as possible.

11.00 is awesome, but what car, what weight, and how much power?

My friends 69 camaro - he has a big cubic inch small block (over 427 inches) weight around 3600lbs, with over 600hp. Actually he went this week to the track and went 10.90 on motor with unpinned drag radials. Like you I will have 2 sets of rims and tires.

Thanks for the response guys. I'm going to go with the M/T ET Street Drag radial 255-60-15 (27 x 10.7) which will fit under the car just fine on my 15x8 4.5 bs Welds. Now if I could just sell that converter lol. I just order a custom 10" from Coan and I know the W.A.F. ( Wife Acceptance Factor ) lol is gonna be kind of low. shocked

Thanks again,

David

I would like to go bigger but I have don't want to do any lip trimming and I don't have enough bs on my wheels to fit the 275-60-15's.

David

Ok well if you are sure they won't fit. I didn't have to trim anything and I don't have any problems with my chevy rallys (7" 4.25 bs) with 275's.

Ok well if you are sure they won't fit. I didn't have to trim anything and I don't have any problems with my chevy rallys (7" 4.25 bs) with 275's.

You have 3/4" more clearance than he does with his wheel...that's quite a bit... smile

Bill

Originally Posted By: jrb70454

You have 3/4" more clearance than he does with his wheel...that's quite a bit... smile

Bill

Yep, yep... you're right! Geez that wheel bs is confusing- I gotta draw pictures! smile

DONT SCREW RADIALS! The rim screws dont work right with the radial cords. Look into it. If you have to screw them ie running 9's then from pro recommendations you need at least 16 screws per side of the wheel. The prefered method is to use permatex "high Tach" adhesive on the beads. I had one of mine slip about 5 inches. I am going to high tack them before the next trip out. I have the MT drag radials and the hook hard if you get a little heat into them and run 18 psi in them.