trunk seal

i've got a question.what is the stuff the factory seals the trunk with?some kind of caulk?what is this goo ? is it paintable?you're help sure would be appreciated.duane

actually Sam it is called weatherstrip adhesive , if you use seam sealor you will need a chisel to get the seal out in the future seam sealor is used to seal gaps in the body seams and hardens to a degree where weatherstrip adhesive remain plyable and easy to remove i recomend 3m weatherstrip adhesive

Leo

Im not sure if you mean what holds the trunk seal in, or the caulk in the body seams. Leo is right for the trunk seal adhesive, and Sam is right on the body seams. For the body seams, I use a product from Lord. Its called Fusor, I think 800 is the part # It is a flexible seam sealer, comes in a tube just like caulk. It remains a little bit pliable and works awesome, paintable, and you can duplicate a factory look on any body seam.

your right i believe i misread it would be flexable seam sealor brushable for the larger areas and in tube for for smaller seams

Leo

THANKS,GUYS,I REALLY DODGED A BULLET WITH THIS ONE!THE DECK LID SHOWS NO RUST FROM THE INSIDE OF THE TRUNK,JUST HOLES IN THE BOTTOM OF THE TRUNK PAN TO THE LEFT SIDE NEAR THE DRAIN HOLE. A FAIRLY SMALL PATCH SHOULD GET IT DONE.SOME SEALER & WEATHERSTRIP ADHESIVE SHOULD FINNISH IT OFF.THANKS,GUYS...DUANE

I used some goo be gone to remove that old adhesive and when I installed my new Soft Seal trunk seal it fit so good I didn't even use any adhesive. That was almost a year ago.