1970 ac factory pictures or diagrams

The assembly manual comes in handy for stuff like this. Also parts manuals have different illustrations that are useful. The service and overhaul manuals are not so good for this stuff. Unfortunately I don't have any of my AIMs here at work or I could scan in some pages for you. For this kind of work the AIM is much better than the service manuals and are not expensive ($25.00), plus you don't need to rely on others to look up part numbers for you. This is from The Classic Muscle catalog, works but the AIM has torques and other nice stuff. 

image.thumb.png.434d3b6fce756d9dd6fe7c0e34fa7238.png

rotin

9 minutes ago, rotinrob said:

The assembly manual comes in handy for stuff like this. Also parts manuals have different illustrations that are useful. The service and overhaul manuals are not so good for this stuff. Unfortunately I don't have any of my AIMs here at work or I could scan in some pages for you. For this kind of work the AIM is much better than the service manuals and are not expensive ($25.00), plus you don't need to rely on others to look up part numbers for you. This is from The Classic Muscle catalog, works but the AIM has torques and other nice stuff. 

image.thumb.png.434d3b6fce756d9dd6fe7c0e34fa7238.png

rotin

WOW thats cool...thanks  

Yes use AMK for fasteners they are always my first stop for fasteners. Nice product but GM sourced at a lot of suppliers so not all markings are available but they do sometimes offer the same fastener with a different head mark. They have a reverse look up for GM part numbers (others too). The best place to get the GM part number (and sometimes the only place) is the AIM. The $40 (I thought it was $35 but we do have inflation) minimum is easy to hit if you think ahead to other things that you may need in the future. I've been known to fill out an order with things like fender screws and brake line clips or whatever.

GMPartswiki has a good selection of parts manuals online but it can be tough to look up a part without a part number. A description search might never give you the right part, especially the way GMParts descriptions are. A group number search isn't much better but can get you through the pages faster.

rotin