Transmission problems

TN454Monte

I'm having some tranny issues.

Here are some of the things I'm encountereing, any ideas of if I can fix this or if I need to start looking at a transmission swap would be appreciated.

Beofre I start the Trans has fresh fluid in it, and I was told by the previous owner that it has a shift kit in it from B&M, I think it does as if I can get it to shift manually I get a nice bark out of my tires going into L2.

1. Transmission weak in Reverse, you feel it engage and the RPMS drop as normal but when you apply throttle it revs, and then will

slowly beigin to move, seems like it needs to build pressure.

2. Will not go into L1. The exception to this is if I have the Gear selector in L1 position, and I am climbing a steep hill on the mountain, the transmission at around 2000 rpm sometimes will suddenly down shift into low.

3. Normal driving no matter what I do, or where the gear selector is, off the line it starts in L2 making the car very sluggish until I'm into the upper RPMS for 2nd then it starts hauling hard and shifts into 3rd with a nice firm feel.

Any ideas of what would cause this type of performance?

what trans is it? if it's a TH350, put a vacuum pump on the vac. modulator and make sure it will hold a vacuum (don't go over 14" or so, or you will rupture it) also make sure the kickdown cable is not bound up. disconnect it and pull on it by hand.. it should slide out somewhere around an inch or a bit less.. then slide back in (pulled by a spring) smoothly.

if it's a TH400.. you are on your own lol