Site enhancments after upgrade

Ian

Here are some of the changes / enhancements you may notice now that we are running the latest version of the message board software. Like I said a lot of the changes are on the back end, but there were a few that everyone can see.

Ian

1. The Who's Online Island

Has been rewritten to include color codes, search bots, etc. And various other places around the forums. (shoutbox)

2. Active Topic List

New option on Active Topics to show Topics that do not have any replies yet. This is a great new option.

3. Full Reply - New Buttons and Options

Text Editor - code was given it's own menu.

Text Editor - Aligned image left right and centre.

Text Editor - list tags now support list=(circle|i|I|a|A|1|disc|square)

Text Editor - Media Video, now you can embed your favorite video sites inside a post.

Text Editor - A few Buttons have been moved around for ease of use.

Text Editor - More Emotions can be seen in a popup window now.

4. User List

Member List User List has had a revamp.

5. Page Numbering

The page numbering code has been redone to make it easier to jump around forums/ Topics

6. Hover Over Text

Abbreviated subjects on the forum index/main page will show HoverText now of the subject. And in the Active lists too

7. Watch - List

You can now set your notifications to only notify you when a new topic is created, instead of for every post.

8. New Footer Option

At the bottom of the page In the footer bar there is now an option to change the Stylesheet or Language settings.

9. Search - Options

It is now possible to just search the body of a post, excluding the subject.

10. New Style E-mails

Emails will now send out both an HTML and plaintext copy.

11. e-mail a post

When emailing a post, you will now get the option of emailing just that single post, or the post and all of it's replies as well.

12. Private messages

It is now possible to email a Private Message to yourself.

13. My Buddies

Buddies is back, but with more functionality-You can check multiple users, and then launch a PM to all selected (within limits).

14. My Feeds

My Feeds' added to enable users to view automatically generated RSS Feeds for the forums they are allowed access to. This also includes their own Private Messages and Active topics/posts.

15. Message List Oprions

Viewmessages (PMs) has been enhanced to additionally include: Emailing of multiple selected PMs as well as deletion. (See Bottom of Pm Page).

16. Active Topics

Active topics to be more consistent and less cluttered. Also added on hover tooltip preview in full HTML markup, as an option.

Frankie what are you trying to use as an avatar? Is it one of your own pictures or a stock one? Post a link to it if it is one of yours, or email it to me and I can try to figure out why it won't work.

Alan I see the different colors in all of those places, it may be the theme you are using.. Which one do you use?

Ian

Why can't there be more than just 10 items in the active topics section? Just curious? I know there is other pages but there used to be more on the first page than just the 10 items.

Steve

Why can't there be more than just 10 items in the active topics section? Just curious? I know there is other pages but there used to be more on the first page than just the 10 items.

Steve

Total topics to to show per page: (default is 10)

Change the number in your preferences... wink

Bill