2022 Eastern Meet Award Winners and Dinner Pictures Third Page

Rob Peters

Just a little information on the final award presented  at the 2022 Eastern Meet.  This final award is one that is not presented at every meet and it is a very special award.  This award is the FOUNDERS AWARD.  

The Founders Award was a reward started a number of years ago.  At that time the award recipient was selected by our club founder, Kevin Wiles.  At that time, if Kevin was present at a meet that this award was presented, Kevin would present it.  As with many of our members, due to work and family responsibilities  become more important than the club and this is what happened in Kevin's case. 

The Founders Award is presented to a person whose contributions to the club has had a large positive impact on the success of the First Generation Monte Carlo Club.   Once Kevin became somewhat inactive it was decided that the officers would nominate and, by vote, select any future members to receive the Founders Award.  This must be a majority vote so, since there are now only 3 club officers, it requires at least two votes to pass.

When I took over as the Club President Bob Wiemels was a big help to me in getting things caught up so since I needed one more vote besides my own and I didn't want to tip off Bob with his nomination I presented it to CK and we both voted to present Bob with The Founders Award.  

In the following pictures as I am bringing the Founders Award out of the box Bob is holding the microphone for me but he can not make out the name.  He did not even know we would be giving this award.  It appears he may be trying to read it but I was trying to keep it tilted enough that he could not see it.  The pictures are in sequence of the presentation.

Congratulations Bob Wiemels on receiving the FOUNDERS AWARD.

image.thumb.jpeg.60b6c46e35499d3363d53dc80171d8de.jpeg

Announcing the description of the Founders Award

345147400_23UnveilingofFoundersAward.thumb.JPG.146f87a53c4c5b34d2287a39c0791df3.JPG

Unveiling of the award

691068240_24BobWiemelsisnotawardhisnameisontheFoundersPlaque.thumb.JPG.1e4f3d11df83639bbbd612f4696f0434.JPGLooks like Bob is trying to make out what is on the  plaque

1824668946_25BobWiemelsischokedupwhenhefindsout.thumb.JPG.fb2f5ef6edd6acd0c2c0835f3b837c48.JPG

140646089_26FoundersAwardBobWiemels.thumb.JPG.8f8fe18a3c3701853fd3fb46247195f3.JPG

• Like 9