Boy, That Was A Close Call

Rob Peters

Last night I started posting the pictures I took or had someone take with my camera at the Eastern Meet.  

I had just gotten the pictures of the Eastern Meet Award Dinner posted when my laptop just shut down on me.  I was able to power up and found out my laptop battery was almost completely dead because the charging port has become defective.  I just got that laptop last August and it was not a cheap purchase.  Today I spent the better part of the day on the phone with the company that made it, what a headache.  It seems when I powered it up and did the online registration it did not go through.  Luckily I still had the receipt so I was able to get it registered and the warranty set up so I will have to send it in for repair.

The close call is that I needed that laptop in Carlisle for the eastern meet.  I used it to transfer the winners pictures to a thumb drive to take and have the winners plaque pictures printed so they could be in the plaques for the award presentation.

Last night was the first time I had used the laptop since I got back from Carlisle so if this  had happened in Carlisle there would not have been any pictures to put into the plaques and that would have been disappointing.

I will be shipping my laptop back for repair tomorrow and that is when I will post the cars with their owners here on the club website when I get it back.

rob

• Like 1
  • Sad 3

That is quite the harrowing tale, Rob. 

While it’d be truly disappointing to lose the aforementioned pix, it would be completely devastating had this gem be lost in cyberspace:

E09FCE25-3BE7-492C-A076-F142B9711CAF.png

• Haha 2

I was able to retrieve numerous things from my laptop before the battery completely died.  I still had my old laptop that I had pretty much cleared of all my old files so I will be able to survive using this laptop using the  thumb drive with the information I pulled from the one I sent in for repair.

Tonight I was able to post pictures I took of our members and their cars which are posted in the Non-Tech Forum.

rob