Door seals

So I'm now working on replacing the Door Seals, using a kit roughly like this (including picture for clarity, since I'm not certain of the name):

image.png.32ba6728e717300aab8db7e974498488.png

A couple of questions:

1) Do I need any sort of adhesive to attach these? The pieces I have have the little clips staggered throughout that match up with the holes, so don't necessarily think so.  The old part had what looks to be a little adhesive on the side with the strike plate, but on the whole it appears to not use that; do I need any at all?

2) The kit I got came with the wrong size end fasteners; they are too big for the holes.  I've tried searching for replacement fasteners but have not have good luck with guessing the naming to find the exact match.  I did buy some stainless steel pan screws since one side the previous owner had attached using those, but would those work as expected, or should I hold out for the real deal, and in that case what is that called?

3) While I've got the inner door panel off, is there anything else I should do here with the windows, like take the time to grease the mechanism?  I have new window felts on order, so I will probably wait to finish the install until those are here, just looking for easy things to do that will improve things without a ton of additional future work.

Thanks,

David

1) I don't use adhesive on mine. Too much of a pain to clean off down the road.

2) I have had the same problems with the push retainers they include with the weatherstrip. A trim screw would work, but I bought a box of plastic ones that work fine. Got them from my paint supplier locally, but probably available online. (ebay has them in multiple places for around $10-12 with free shipping)

3) I clean & grease the mechanisms when I'm in there. That old grease is 50 years old and typically hard.

20220731_163421.jpg

• Like 2