About my past

MonteLady

About my past,Mine was rough at first.I grew up with parents that were drug and alcohol addicts.Lived in an apartment in very bad living conditions with them and my younger brother.My brother and I were in bad shape.Had second hand clothes,hair was horrible and had a little to eat.My brother and I have one person to thank,our Aunt Renee.When I was 13,she rescued us and introduced us to good people that helped us out.Came over one night and called the police.Both parents were arrested.She even took us to her place where we both took a shower there.Saw we did not have anything to eat too.She got some left over macaroni and cheese out and heated it up for us.Introduced us to good people at the church she goes to.One is a hair stylist and she did my hair on her.I loved it.My brother was taken to a barber to get his hair cut by another member.This was the start.Other members took us clothes and shoe shopping too.Another member got my ears pierced for the first time.I credit one,he got to know us and found out I loved to see how things worked.Took me to his place,we worked on anything from lawnmowers to tractors.He inspired me to be an auto mechanic.I am still a member of this church,I have inspired kids that went through what my brother and I went through.Good thing is the apartment we lived in is no longer there.A contractor had it demolished and put in new apartments up to code.My brother is a pastor at another church married to a great wife which he has 3 sons with her.Me,a mom of 3 having a 27 year old son whom is in the Army,a 19 year old daughter and 17 year old son.They heard our story and learned people can go through bad lives getting out of it.

• Like 5