My luck is still holding Engine/Tranny/Manifold

Guest Patrickth

Guest Patrickth

I spent an hour crawling around in the rain today cleaning and checking out numbers. They all match up so far, still haven't checked the rear end. Carb is aftermarket Edelbrock, but engine code is CJD - 350cid 4V (270hp) w/TH350.

Match that engine to the body, Like Sam said, thats a nice benefit! I was shocked that mine matched, not that it means much to anyone but me, a plain ole 350 car with no real options to speak of......but its my plain jane.....and I love it!!!!!

Guest Patrickth

I still have to do that, but I have the numbers, just haven't gone back to the build sheet yet. I think what I am going to end up having is a bone stock 71 and a tweeked out 72. One for show, one for go................

I need to find a quadrajet and send it in to rebuild. I think I have a couple in my stash but the weather has been miserable and I haven't gotten a chance to dig through it yet.

Guest Patrickth

I guess I am going to have to try again on that number. It had the alternator on and I couldn't get a real good number off the block pad. It might be delivered yet tonight, so I will loosen the alternator and try again.

The interchange manual says camaro, vette, monte, chevelle for 71.