Heresy, Practical Joke or other? Air Cleaners

Guest Patrickth

Guest Patrickth

I had a Mustang a while back and while cleaning out my Monte Stash came across a dual snorkel 5.0 E.F.I. H.O. Air cleaner. This thing is huge, 18" across.

My kid bought a high end printer that cuts vinyl called a Crikut. She informs me she can make whatever I want if I can get the right vinyl or decal paper for her.

The inner dimensions work fine for the 4 barrel edelbrock on my new Monte and was thinking of using it with some custom vinyl graphics.

I can just imagine H.O. ford folks recognizing it and wondering if Chevy had that option too. HE, he.

I think it would be cool. I personally think that some of the Mopar (ugg, I shiver just writing that word) fuel fillers are pretty slick too, but it would be hard to convert one to work on our cars.

Guest Patrickth

I am trying to motivate myself to keep the 72 and do something original with it. I live near a Marine Salvage place and have been going down there kicking tires for stainless, trick gauges, hoses and such. So far nothing inspiring that makes me want to act on any ideas.

I did manage to get some of that old Highway Patrol blue hose, stainless fittings and some pretty cool wrapping from the Boeing surplus store before it closed. If it is still where I last saw it, I saw an old school MOPAR big block that I could make fit too I bet.

Go down to your local Car junkyard, and just wander around and look at EVERYTHING! You never know what will inspire you or what good idea they came up with but only put on a Pinto or a Chevette or something!

Guest Patrickth
Go down to your local Car junkyard, and just wander around and look at EVERYTHING! You never know what will inspire you or what good idea they came up with but only put on a Pinto or a Chevette or something!

Our wrecking yards have gone PC, if you don't have a newer car they just sneer at you and they most certainly won't let you just walk around and get idea's. I am a bit concerned about all these ads on craigslist too where amatuers of every stripe are getting into the free haul/recycle business with no thought to whats valuable, environmental considerations or anything else.

It sucks.

Pictures don't do it justice! Rear package tray is also from a "59 Impala". Did anybody notice the molded drip rails. The trunk is done in tweed as well.. beautiful. That's one award winning Monte! It's hard to believe it's a "Monte" below all the molded & custom work. Top notch work to boot. I was impressed!

i believe most of it was done before joe bought the car. when joe got the car it had a little old 350 in along with trim and a pearl white painted job. a few more odd things about joe's car its been channeled.

Robert,

you're right! Tubbed & channeled!! He bought it with some of the work done already, but no way near how it looks today! The paint and interior look awesome..never mind the killer engine in it! whistle