1970 Monte Carlo

Hello, I have been appointed the Administrator of my parent's estate. On their property is a 1970 Monte Carlo. It's been sitting in the elements for probably 20 years. I vaguely remember him buying it to "fix her up" but never got around to it. I'm looking for suggestions, recommendations, etc on what I should sell it for. I believe the body is in good shape, hard top, and no keys to be found to open her up. I need guidance on this and decided to visit this forum. many thanks for your ideas. 

• Like 4

Hello Tai,

Welcome to the FGMCC and sorry to hear of the situation regarding your parents.

In regards to the car, the first thing that would be the most helpful right off the bat, are as many detailed pictures as you can provide. Are there any neighbors, uncles, etc. that may have any information about the car? You know how guys are when it comes to cars, maybe someone knows something about the vehicle. 

If you need help posting pictures, just ask, we'll help you any way we can.

Joe T

• Like 5

Tai,

I am so sorry to hear about the passing of your parents.  Regarding the 70 Monte on the property.  You say it has been sitting out in the elements around 20 years.  In some parts of the country this would be a death sentence but in other areas of the country, such as most of Kansas where it is dry the elements would not have as heavy of an effect.  Parts of Texas may be one of those areas.  

Like Joe said, we may be able to assist you if you can provide us with some pictures.  As far as entering the car without keys, there are ways to get into the interior of the car without damaging it.  Pictures of the interior would also be a plus.  Getting into the engine compartment is just a pull of the hood release so some pictures of the engine compartment would be a plus and knowing which engine is it the car.  Without a key it will be hard to get into the trunk.

If it has or had a vinyl top the fact that it has been sitting in the elements for that many years may it is very possible that some major roof rust issues are present.

I know back in the days some people kept a spare key hidden in a magnetic key holder somewhere under he hood or hidden somewhere in the exterior of the car so maybe look it over realy well.

rob

• Like 4