Not monte related

Does anyone know of any Ford, (  yea I said a bad word) fourms or  ford suppliers. My brother is looking for a trans for his street rod. He's having a hard time finding a trans for a highly modified 2300 motor. He found one at monster transmissions but well over 3 grand. Would like something cheaper that would hold up to the motor. Thanks if anyone knows anything. 

• Like 1

Hey Steve, spoke to Ben when we were in Syracuse and at that time there was nothing around anywhere. I can ask him to check again when he gets a chance?  What was it again, i think a Pinto tranny???

41 minutes ago, willie said:

Hey Steve, spoke to Ben when we were in Syracuse and at that time there was nothing around anywhere. I can ask him to check again when he gets a chance?  What was it again, i think a Pinto tranny???

Yea 2300 pinto/mustang 4 speed automatic with overdrive non electronic. He did find someone that makes  bell housing to adapt a c 4 but there getting hard to find to and its not overdrive.  Thanks 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Well I guess he found a solution for his ferd problem,  he found a bell housing that will bolt up to a c4 and he found one of them too. So now he just has to wait to get everything and see if it all works together lol. Thanks Willie for checking anyhow. Damn ferds I told him to put a small block and a th350 and solved 🤣 he said he'd never put a chevy in a ferd, I guess I can understand that.

No problem Steve, I spoke to ben again yesterday and same old thing (nothing around). He said he was going to keep his eyes peeled. I think after he checks the national comp he checks locally when he delivers to them, but all the older cars/junkyards are gone.         

I also agree change to chevy he would be better off!!!!!   lol