Fiberglass Hoods

Chevyss

I ended up buying one from VFN fiberglass. It looks and fits okay. Sam (Bones) got his glass hood from Carhoods (US Body; I think are the same company... at least their sites look similar) and he said he hates it.

I don't know of any close to Washington but try VFN, Glasstek, and you might be able to find something with Harwood. Gas wasn't at $4.00 a gallon when I got mine shipped. But the gas wasn't $1.29 either so it should be pretty cheap. I think mine came outta Chicago to South Texas for $90.

Just ordered mine yesterday from GlassTech. It is a 4" cowl lift off hood that they said weighs between 15 and 20lbs.

$420+90shipping. My back pocket is still crying. eek

That's exactly what I paid for mine from VFN. Mine was 13 lbs.

I went with the glasstech hood because I wanted the seem going in the middle of the cowl, The VFN hood looks like it ain't got it??

I found the hood with VFN. The price was better than the website said and shipping isn't that bad. Takes about 3-4 weeks to get it. They are just outside Chicago. Will see how it is when it gets here. Thanks for all your help

Make sure the day that your hood arrives that you take it out of the shipping packaging, have your stock hood already removed, set the fiberglass hood in place and check to make sure it's not warped before you let the truck driver get away. Once he drives away you own the hood no matter what shape it's in. My VFN hood was drop shipped to a body shop and they didn't check it before the truck left. Once it was discovered the hood was warped and VFN was called they said you have to inspect the hood immediately when it comes off the truck as once you sign for it you own it. I got screwed and will never buy another product from VFN.

Make sure the day that your hood arrives that you take it out of the shipping packaging, have your stock hood already removed, set the fiberglass hood in place and check to make sure it's not warped before you let the truck driver get away. Once he drives away you own the hood no matter what shape it's in. My VFN hood was drop shipped to a body shop and they didn't check it before the truck left. Once it was discovered the hood was warped and VFN was called they said you have to inspect the hood immediately when it comes off the truck as once you sign for it you own it. I got screwed and will never buy another product from VFN.

I'm sure GlassTech is the same way? Anyone account for that? Thanks for the heads up Greg.

The VFN hood does have the seam on the cowl, it may not be as pronounced as some of the other companies are. I guess time and paint will tell. But I like it.

And just like eveyone said, make sure to check it. If you got the race weight hood (which it sounds like you did) the hood is very fragile, you can just feel how easy it could get damaged in shipping.

Who is gonna end up bringing you the hood? AAA Cooper is who shipped mine; I made the guy wait till I was done looking it over. Their drivers are a little more patient than the other freight carriers.