Be carefull out there

On 2/20/2024 at 11:23 PM, Glen said:

I don’t blame them at all. There’s unwritten rules and codes that demand strict compliance at these shows.  I can’t tell you how much it impresses me to see kids at shows who stand with their arms behind their backs as they lean in to take a closer look. I always compliment them and their parents in such instances.  

But there’s always at least one or two jackasses who have to get sideways leaving a show. And it’s always inevitably too close to people or cars.  

There’s a time and place for everything… Dumping the clutch at 5000 RPM on the way out of a family oriented fest with kids nearby?  You’re a special kind of stupid who needs to be talked to when located at the next show. 

My local weekly gathering was also cancelled last summer for similar antics. The organizers had lots of signs asking that people not stunt...... But there's always someone.

The mall (property owners) banned the event, and rightly so. There are a lot of pedestrians at the event, and all it takes is one slip to cause harm. :(

• Like 2

That's a shame. The carburetor return springs were possibly installed wrong and they went over center. I did that on my '57 Chevy in high school. The pedal stuck to the floor, but I shut it off fast. Lesson learned with no damage done.

Dan