72 Monte carlo fender extension bezel to front bumper grille filler panel?

PHIL CUZ 72 402

Quick question or maybe you can guide me in the correct direction.

72 monte front fender headlight extension bezel,how does it attatch to front bumper filler panel closest to the grill with screw it seems like i am missing a L bracket or some type.This would be close to outer edges to grill on both sides lower part of headlight extension bezel has a small hole for philips sheet metal screw would go into & some kind of bracket behind it.Or maybe a part# or picture of bracket would be great. its been 12 long years on this frame off resto & i do not remember. For both sides,any help would be great,.Thanks Phil Schiavarelli 239-691-5509

I will look at the 72 tomorrow but I don’t think it attaches to the filler at all. I say that because I recently changed the bumper filler on my 72 and I don’t remember messing with the extension screw. But I could be mistaken. 

• Like 1

Ok. My 72. Assembled picture didn’t turn out so I went to the pos70. 8 inch bracket goes from the middle of the core support to the top. Bolts on with two bolts. The fender tie bar bolts to the top of it and the bumper filler bolts to the bottom. There’s a speed nut attached to the bottom of the bracket for the extension. And I just realized I have no idea how to put this car back together. lol. 

IMG_6559.jpeg

IMG_6560.jpeg

IMG_6561.jpeg

1 hour ago, Dtret said:

Ok. My 72. Assembled picture didn’t turn out so I went to the pos70. 8 inch bracket goes from the middle of the core support to the top. Bolts on with two bolts. The fender tie bar bolts to the top of it and the bumper filler bolts to the bottom. There’s a speed nut attached to the bottom of the bracket for the extension. And I just realized I have no idea how to put this car back together. lol. 

IMG_6559.jpeg

IMG_6560.jpeg

IMG_6561.jpeg

Ok, so now does the 72 have that bracket? 99% of our Montes are 70-71s so I can't say for sure. 70 -71 yes, have the brackets. Lol