700R4 VS Stock speedo

Marquis

700R4 is Electric????????????

The sensor I assume.

The only option you have is an aftermarket speedometer.

there are two different driven gear adapters, one for new electric speedo's, and another for cable driven speedo's, Tim has some good suppliers for the gears and adapters for the 700R4's

To be clearer I would like to make operational the Monte's manual cable-driven stock speedometer and use the 700R4 trans at the same time. Iwas told that there is a way. Speculation has it that a 700R4 manual tailshaft exists to make the conversion but I'd like to hear all opinions. Thanks.

that's what I'm saying, it just takes a different driven gear adapter that goes in the tailshaft housing, readily available, should cost about $100, I just bought a new one for my 700R4 in my '92 camaro, but it's electric, I just don't remember the website that has them, Tim will, he hooked me up with them

you're not far from me, over here in Hooterville (Ortonville)

I have the manual gears in mine with the stock speedometer cable

and it works fine. Just have to get it calibrated now...

On a side note, if your speedometer starts doing strange things

after you have handled the speedometer cable, reach under the

dash and make sure the cable did not slide out a little from

the back of the speedometer. That happened to mine and when I

reseated the cable it fixed it.

marquis.. I even have a cable-drivens speedo housing and some gears.. let me know if you want to get together and look at it.. FEnton is just a hop-skip-and a jump from me smile (I'm in burton)

when I changed my speedo gears in my 700r4 so that my speedo would read correctly with my swap from 2.73 to 3.55 gears, I had to go to the 'large' speedo housing (there are two sizes) to accomidate the really big gear, so I have my old stock housing just kickin around.

I also have two spare DRIVE gears that go on the output shaft, and one spare driven gear so I'm sure we cna figure somthing out.