card reader

monte70car

In my laptop I have a sd memory card reader for some reason when I put a sd card in it tells me that the card is not readable. I can take that same card and put back in the digital camera and it will tell me the same thing. I have formatted the card in the digital camera twice is my reader in the laptop dead if so how can I fix it?

• 2 weeks later...

i have the same problem with Sony Memory sticks in my desktop machine. It has an all-in-one card reader that uses an internal usb connection adn sits in a 3-1/2 floppy bay.. and it won't read memory sticks over a certain size, but my little 5 in 1 reader from SanDisk does now that I flashed it with the latest firmware...

see if you can get some updates for it from the manufacturer rob.

Dell keeps telling me that they never put this particuarly brand all-in-one reader in any of their machines, yet when you read the manifest from dell when you punch in the service tag... it clearly shows it's an NEC.. supposedly they only used TEAC drives.