70 TCS hose routing question

on the TCS system, I have:

A little vac hose coming out of the front that goes to an inlet in the front of the carb

Another vac hose coming straight out of the back of it that goes into the distributor

And there is one more vac hose that comes out of the SIDE of the unit and I have no clue where this one goes.... anybody know? IF it goes to the carb, please explain exactly where on it because I thought I looked everywhere.

fgmcc

i'm looking in the manual and it says one goes to the vacuum advance unit on the dist, and the other two go to the carb.......

for the two that go to the carb it says one is for manifold vacuum and one is for clean air vent. but i'm confused as to where exactly it goes.... i'll tell you this: the little hose has a brass looking fitting stuck in the end of it.

I think the clean air fitting is on the extreme back of the carb way up high...right below the surface the air cleaner sits on.

There might also be a vacuum fitting on the underside of the air cleaner assy for this purpose? You are looking for a fitting that simply leads to an area between the carb and the air filter element....it will be a fitting that never pulls any vacuum. Could the brass fitting be the connection tube that pulled out of the carb when the hose was removed?, or maybe it is like a restriction or air bleed with a tiny hole running through it?

My stuff is long-gone, but I'm trying to help anyway.

I think there are two of this same question on the boards today. Here is my reply the the other one if it helps.

I know you have a 70 small block but my 71 has (had) the third hose going to the evaporative emissions canister on the driver side ft inner fender area. I don't eve know if they had that in 1970 so many people take them off anyway.

Here is a picture, the vacuum hose is the one with the white stripe.

1971 Emissions Canister hose