new old stock resistor?

Guest 70monte400

Guest 70monte400

hello, does anyone know or have a nos ac resistor # 3949879. or a interchange w/ a diff part# that will work for my 70 monte, any help appreciated, thanks bobw.

hello, does anyone know or have a nos ac resistor # 3949879. or a interchange w/ a diff part# that will work for my 70 monte, any help appreciated, thanks bobw.

give Leo a try.. that's one hard puppy to find. He might just have a good used old one.

Konik's Klassiks

Rod

Guest 70monte400

hello everyone, its the risistor on the outside box, i think it cuts off electrical suppy to cmpressor at or below 29-37 degrees fhgt. its next to the ambient temp sensor, those #s were on the original part, i did drop leo a mess, waiting to hear back, for now, checking ebay everyday, lot of nos popin up, if anybody sees one, let me know, thanks for all your help. bobw.

hello everyone, its the risistor on the outside box, i think it cuts off electrical suppy to cmpressor at or below 29-37 degrees fhgt. its next to the ambient temp sensor, those #s were on the original part, i did drop leo a mess, waiting to hear back, for now, checking ebay everyday, lot of nos popin up, if anybody sees one, let me know, thanks for all your help. bobw.

Bob, The highest speed of the "Heater Blower Motor" is not controlled by the resistor, so when the resistor fails, the fan will often work on the highest speed setting, but not the lower speeds. It controls the lower speeds of the motor.. rather than having a four speed motor... is yours faulty?

The compressor on a 70 is controlled off/on by the switch on the dash, and the fan speed is controlled via the fan switch and resistor.

Rod

he's talking about the temperature sensor that is next to the resistor pack for the blower motor. it's that small unit with 2 wires. I *KNOW* leo has a least a dozen of them :>

leocard3sm.jpg