Transmission won't shift into Park position

72-CLASSIC_RIDE

Replaced 350 CI engine and TH 350 Transmission with a 402 BB and TH400 transmission.

Assembled transmission shift linkage and found will not shift to Park. Appears the shift cable bracket is preventing the shift cable from properly reaching the shift fork.

AS the TH400 did not come with the bracket, I can't remember but must have purchased one sometime in the past 10 months. It apparently isn't the right one. No cable adjustment evident. Even tried another shift fork thinking the slot would position cable correctly. No dice!

My question is, can anyone supply a pic showing what the shift linkage bracket actually looks like? Does shift cable appear to be correctly located? Is it possible is from a Column Shift? Does the TH400 require a different shift cable than a 350? We are considering bending the shift linkage bracket toward the fork in hopes of jimmy rigging for adjustment.

Here is a pic of what I have set up now. THe arrow points to the shift fork we added. The bracket hard to see.

Any and all suggestions and advise appreciated.

A pic would be super!!

TH400SHIFTLINKAGEBRACKET.jpg

Thanx all,

Doug