Converting Column to Floor shift

kc8oye

Konik's Klassiks now has the ability to convert column shift columns into floor shift columns!

First we start with a standard column:

DSC01831.JPG

then we shave off the column shift nub:

DSC01834.JPG

and finally we fill and paint the hole

DSC01835.JPG

Stay tuned for final pics. once the primer is dry and I can finish up some light sanding I'll get some black paint on there for some finish pics!

n.p send us the whole column, and we can go thru it and replace anything that needs attention, or if you want to tear the column apart yourself, you can send us just the collar smile

from the outside, you can not tell it was modified.. from the inside.. yes.. because we leave pretty much all of the column shift stuff there as there is just no reason to remove it, removing the column shift lever takes care of removing anything necessary to the operation of the column.

all of the ignition lockout and steering wheel lock stuff works the same either way. a CORRECT factory floor shift car still has the shifter linkage to the column but they call it a "back drive rod" so that when you put the car into park, you can rotate the lock cylinder all the back to 'lock' and remove the key, as well as operate the steering column lock.

this will be my last update for a little while.. I'm going to Texas for 10 days for turkey day and visit with family.. I'll finish this project up when I get back :>

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

If you ship the column to us, It would take about 5 days + shipping time. it's just a matter of waiting for the materials to dry more then labor.

you need to talk to the boss man (Leo) about the costs.

leocard3sm.jpg

and t.y for the complients.. we always do the best work we can.